|Adrenal glands disorders|
|Bone and mineral disorders|
|Diabetes, including type 1 and type 2|
Conditions treated by the doctor:
· Individualized program of education, treatment and monitoring of the diabetic patient Pediatric endocrinologist K.
· Modern technological support of treatment with insulin pumps and wireless continuous sugar recording systems (CGM)
· Investigation and treatment of rare forms of diabetes (MODY, iatrogenic diabetes) in children and adolescents
Type II diabetes mellitus
· Etiological investigation
· Early identification of risk factors and complications of obesity
· Personalized treatment program and cooperation with other specialties
- Short stature
- High stature
Growth hormone deficiency
· Early puberty
Delay of puberty
- Congenital and acquired hypothyroidism
Goiter and thyroid nodules
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
- Adrenal insufficiency
CALCIUM METABOLISM DISORDERS
· Hypo- and Hypercalcemia
· Doubtful sex
·Polycystic ovary syndrome
· Pituitary insufficiency and diabetes mellitus
The Clinic for Mental Health and Endocrinology of children and adolescents is staffed by child psychiatrist K. Michael-Tsambikos and pediatric endocrinologist K. Thomas.
The many years of training and work of the two doctors at the University Hospital of Gothenburg, Sweden, one of the largest scientific centers in northern Europe, contributed to the acquisition of extensive and valuable experience.
In combination with continuing scientific education and information, the clinical experience of the physicians is an irreplaceable and valuable weapon in dealing with a wide range of clinical cases in the fields of child psychiatry, developmental psychology and pediatric endocrinology.